LISTEN
Do we really need to go on a retreat? We must see a retreat as a need. Just as our bodies need water and food to survive, we also need spiritual nourishment to grow and all we need to do is to receive this spiritual nourishment when it is offered. But how do we receive it? The first step is always to respond to God’s invitation. Remember Mary when the angel of the Lord came and told her that the Most High has favored her? Did she say, “I am busy, let me try that some other time” or “I do not have the resources to raise the child” or “let me ask my mother or Joseph first before I decide to accept the offer”? There was no excuse and no hesitation on Mary’s part when she responded to God’s call and said, “Behold the handmaid of the Lord, be it done to me according to your word.” It was an absolute yes borne out of her trust in God, for in her heart Mary knew that it was God calling her. And her response gave all of mankind the opportunity to experience God’s ...
Comments
Post a Comment